Saturday, May 11, 2013

Open Stamping Technique - Sneaky Peek!

I've been wanting to try the "chalkboard" technique and Close-to-My-Heart has come out with a whole bunch of stamps that would look fabulous done this way!  I decided that we would learn this one together for the Open Stamping on Sunday (5/19/13).  I used the Dream Pop papers, all CTMH products with the possible exception of the ribbon - I can never remember where I get ribbon (possibly because I'm buying it A.L.L.  T.H.E.  T.I.M.E!!)  I put a piece of White Daisy inside the card so it can be written in without requiring a white pen. 

My house is empty, except for Mr. Baggins.  He's been very cuddly, too!  I've cleaned and done yard work, had a nap today, came up with this card for next week and prepped for the group, and actually cooked two meals for myself!  I ran an errand to the post-office, and moved some of the tender plants into the house for the summer.  (here we do things backwards from what is the norm in Minnesota.)

I'm looking forward to worship in the morning with my church family.  I missed church last week and felt the absence all week.  It's strange, because I believe church is where-ever you want it to be and I have a hot-line to God that I use regularly.  But the traditions of the sacraments are very comforting and inspiring for me and I miss them when I can't get to a worship service.  Being at Epiphany tomorrow, and having recently spent time with my precious daughter as well as my beloved niece, will mean that this Mother's day I have everything I could wish for.  Steve may be in Minnesota, but he lives in my heart and I feel his love constantly.  

Happy Mother's Day to my friends who are, or who have Mother's.    

7 comments:

maria f. said...

The chalkboard technique with bold patterns and bright colors. I love the result! Thanks so much for your sweet comments Sharli - Happy Mom's Day to ya.

Jeanne said...

Wow, neat idea and it looks terrific against those papers. Great execution, Sharli. I hope you enjoy your day today. Sure sounds like you are on the right track to do so!

Hugs!!

Alanna said...

What a lovely card. Your technique looks perfect. Sounds like things are going well. Have a lovely day,

Kim Heggins said...

Shari, you are just the sweetest! You always leave the kindest of comments on my blog, thank you. Now on to your card...simply beautiful! I too have been wanting to try the chalkboard technique and you nailed it! So sweet and I love it that you used a bit of color too, very sweet.

Kim Heggins said...

Forgot to wish you a Happy Mother's Day...hope your day is wonderful.

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful paper on this Sharli! and great job with the chalkboard technique! isn't it fun! Looks like you will have a lovely class - you sure got a lot done on your day alone! Happy Mother's Day dear friend!

Nancy Ball said...

Wow Sharli, how did I miss this card of yours. It is STUNNING. I have not tried the chalkboard tech yet, but might now!
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.