Saturday, January 11, 2014

Holly Stencil - Christmas gift!

One of my dear friends gave me two darling stencils for Christmas - one was this holly, and the other is all hearts!  I thought it would be nice to make a thank you note for her using the new product (besides, it gave me an excuse to get it dirty!).  I used some washi tape to secure the stencil over a piece of CTMH White Daisy cardstock and then spritzed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (English Ivy).  Then I used a Liquid Pearls - Rouge to dot on some holly berries.  Those were not actually in the stencil - I just imagined them!  The little stars were cut on my Cricut and were spares just laying around so they were brushed with CTMH Ruby pigment ink, embellished with a red crystal dot and put to use.  The music Washi tape was intentional, not just left-over from the spraying process.  LOL

I hope to post the technique that I'll be teaching on 1/26 for Open Stamping some time this week.  I've got an idea - but it hasn't quite gelled into a project yet.  Hopefully I'll get that done this weekend.

Hope you're not frozen - I understand I have MUCH to be thankful for living in the Valley Of The Sun!  Hugs!!

4 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card Sharli...love your new stencil and that Washi Tape is so sweet. I love it! Happy New Year!

Jeanne said...

Very pretty, Sharli. Looks like you've taken to the technique very well!

As for the weather...this time we are on the outside fringe of the cold. Thank goodness! I hope, like you that others are staying safe and warm.

Curt in Indy said...

Great card Sharli Love the added berries. Wanted to stop by and wish you the best for this new year. Thank you so much for your support during my loss of Shotsy. It meant so much. Hugs, Curt

Shirley said...

This is just gorgeous and what a great way to start the New Year. I need to start on my Christmas cards now too! Love how you added the berries and the crystals too. So glad I have the time to blog hop again!!