Saturday, January 25, 2014

Birthday cards!


These birthday cards were inspired by Melissa Phillips here. (scroll down)

I used Close-to-My-Heart stamps (possibly retired?) and paper with the exception of the red piece along the top - that was another scrap that had a red-on-red pattern and I thought it looked cool run through the crimper (remember that old tool?).  I made a stash of them for my birthday card file.

I'm recovering nicely from the arthroscopy of my left knee (yes, the so-called good one).  My surgeon said the meniscus tear was larger than he saw on the MRI, but that he cleaned it up nicely and I should get a lot of relief from this surgery.  It's "day 3" today and I am sore but feeling better - the pain is a different type of pain.  Now if I can learn to walk without a limp again - golly that is a BAD habit!  My words of wisdom for you - don't wait too long to address these issues.

Hugs!!

8 comments:

richardbreaks said...

Wow, these are FUN FUN FUN!!!
Great job!

richardbreaks said...

Feel better!!

Jeanne said...

I'm sorry to hear that you have had problems with your other knee and I hope you feel some ease in the pain soon. Good advice not to just deal with it. Great cards, Sharli! I really like how fun and festive the design is. I've seen more people using the crimper recently. I think the people may be rediscovering the fun texture it makes. The colors are great and who wouldn't smile if they received this card!

Alanna said...

Your cards are fabulous Sharli. They are so much fun.

Sorry to hear that you needed surgery. Blessings for a speedy recovery.

Shirley said...

Sorry to hear about your knee, Sharli, but glad to hear about your recovery. I would think the new pain might be a healing one. I had that after a surgery on my left foot for a sebaceous cyst. I digress, LOL! Your cards are really vibrant and pretty. A really uplifting set of cards for those great dates!! Take care and don't overdo!

Kim Heggins said...

Too darn cute...really adorable card Sharli! I love all the festive colored candles...so fun for a birthday card. Sorry to hear about your knee too, wishing you a very speedy recovery!

Vicki Wizniuk said...

These are really cute!

Wishing you quick healing, sweetie! :)

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous birthday cards!!! Praying that you are doing better each day !!!