Friday, January 3, 2014

Tags!!!

I love making tags!  I forget this little fact until it's Christmas and I'm in the middle of a gift wrapping extravaganza!  Then, when the 4 or 5 that I had left-over from last year are all gone, I sit down and the creativity just FLOWS!  They are small, quick, and they use up all sorts of lovely little pieces that are all over my work table! Washi tape is perfect for tags!

The little tree tag, for instance, used scrap from making a gift album (the black piece w/writing) and the tree is one of the little stamps from Close-to-My-Heart that I colored with the new alcohol markers and quickly cut around.  Added to a package with a big red bow and it looks special!
 
 
I love this one!  (Pun not intended!) The little sentiment was cut out from one of the awesome "zip" strips with designs that come on the CTMH papers.  The white on red circles were left-overs from another project as well as the red pattern over cocoa part of a circle (left over from some valentines I made last year!).  I really {heart} the look!

This last one I did just for "love".  The little bug was colored green like my VW Beetle "Chloe" and the tree added to the top to look like Chloe was bringing home the Christmas tree.  I still miss Chloe.  The numbers are simply Washi tape.  I think I free-handed the little puffs of smoke (not that Chloe ever blew smoke!).
  
Well, it was a blast!  Maybe I'll make up a few more as I clean the room and put away the Christmas things.  Just to get me started for next year!  *grin*

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

So cute! I love how fun these are. I admire the look of tags, but never have it together enough to actually make them. LOL Thanks for sharing!
Happy New Year!

Alanna said...

These are all so cute and I just love them.

Julia Aston said...

These tags are really cute and fun Sharli! what a great way to dress up a package!