Thursday, November 8, 2012

Preparing 1.2

This one used some awesome stamps I snatched at the MFT sale mentioned in my Nov. 1st post.  I love the matching dies - how did I live so long without them?  Well, I guess I know the answer to that -  while I own both of the awesome Close-to-My-Heart Cricut cartridges (Art Philosophy and Artiste) and have many stamp sets that could be cut out with the Cricut . . . well, I haven't bought a Cricut yet.  BUT I did see a coupon for $179 at J@anns soon . . . so I will be in line to get one that day (I hope they have more than one at that price)! 

OK, that was a little rambling!  Maybe I can get to the point.  This is the third design in my project to teach Valentine cards in January.  What do you think? 

Other news?  How many doctors office visits do you think it takes before you can have a total knee replacement (starting with the visit when your doctor said "we can't repair it any longer, we need to replace it")?  Write your guess in your comments and those who get it correct, will win a little surprise from me!  

Hugs!! 

 

5 comments:

Carla said...

Such a pretty card - love that ribbon trim!

Laurel said...

Pretty card, love the cut out!

Jeanne said...

Wow, this is a beauty of a card, Sharli! I really like the cut out, and the textured looking flowers. That black edging is so pretty. Well, it all works together wonderfully.

Gosh, I guess I didn't realize you were needing a knee replacement. I'm sorry you have been in such discomfort! I haven't a clue as to how many visits it takes, but the first number that popped into my head was 12. As in one a month for a year before they make a final decision. And while I am pretty sure that is a high number, I am also really hopeful that is way too high! Good luck!

Karen B. said...

Sorry to hear of your struggles with your knee Sharli. Hope you do get things in order soon though! Beautiful card and beautiful design.

Alanna said...

This card is gorgeous. I was also eyeing this stamp and die combo from the sale at MFT. So sorry to hear that you will need knee replacement. I'm going to say 4 visits.