Monday, November 5, 2012

Preparing . . .

I spent some relaxing hours in the craft room this past weekend working on a little project . . . it seems that I agreed to provide a card workshop in late January at my church for people who are willing to donate to support our Outreach efforts ("It's for the children").  The plan is to design 5 Valentine cards that can be taught in an afternoon session.  I have some awesome stamping friends that agreed to help me, too, if we have a big response.  This week I'll be posting the ones I come up with.  Naturally, this is one of my favorites - but I would have a bit of prep work to do (cutting all those circles with my cuttlebug and spellbinder nesties).  Still, it's so striking with the Close-to-my-Heart Flirty papers!  

Otherwise, this weekend I did chores, made a HUGE salad for a First Communion luncheon at church and spent quality time with my kitty!  Friday night was awesome as Steve had his family all at the house up North and they brought me to the party on his laptop!  It really does help keep us closer.

The good news is that Steve will be "home" Saturday.  Just 5 more sleeps!  

Hugs!  

2 comments:

Carla said...

Very pretty. Love how the black ties everything together!

Jeanne said...

So pretty, Sharli! What a great project for you and your friends. I hope everything comes together just right for you!