Monday, November 12, 2012

Preparing 1.5

Presenting the 5th card in my series of prototypes.  This one has two Close-to-My-Heart stamp sets represented - Bliss and Truly, Madly, Deeply!  (I really LOVE that sentiment!).  I had some fun techniques to highlight with this one - the scalloped mat for the silhouette image is actually a heathered green felt cut with a Spellbinders die.  The sentiment stamped onto the design paper was inked up with pigment ink (one of the coolest new things from CTMH!) - while the script background stamp was dye ink.  The pigment inks take just a little bit longer to dry - but they are so rich looking and show up well even when stamped over another color and pattern.  I think it's neat that they're both used on the same card - it makes the point that each type has it's place in life.  For the class I'll find a better heart stamp - I had one I thought I'd like, but I stamped it twice and they got a little too close together! Maybe it's because I'm so glad my love is home that even the stamped hearts are cuddly!

Wednesday is my total knee replacement surgery.  With the appointment Tuesday I will have had a grand total of 8 office visits since the day that my surgeon said "we can't repair it any more, we're going to have to replace it" - that was in May 2012.  It seems incredible, but there was education, x-rays for measurements, lab work (and more lab work), heart testing, meeting with the Anesthesiologist, meeting with the coumadin clinic physician (to prevent clotting), and one last meeting with the surgeon.  I do believe we are all singing the same song now!  LOL  

I hope to post during my recovery - but it may be a few days before the pain meds allow me to do anything creative . . . that I'm willing to share!

Hugs!! 
 

9 comments:

Alanna said...

Your card is beautiful. I love the silhouette image. Best of luck with your surgery.

Carla said...

Very pretty!! Wishing you a quick recovery after your surgery!

Terrie Dodd said...

Will be praying for an easy, not too painful recovery for you Sharli. Love your card too!!

Jeanne said...

Lovely card, Sharli. You've got a plenty of fun techniques and tips to share with this one. Well, done.

Oh goodness, best of luck to your with your upcoming surgery. I'm sure you will do great and having your new hubby at home with you will most definitely encourage your healing. I hope you'll update us from time to time. I guess I wasn't too far off on my guess of the number of doctor visits to get this ball rolling. LOL

HUGS!!

Laurel said...

Such a pretty card! Good luck with your surgery.

Vicki Wizniuk said...

I want to pop in to wish you luck with your surgery and for a speedy recovery! Hugs.

Jane said...

Pretty card and great techniques, Sharli! I'm sorry you (k)need that surgery ... you are in my prayers for a successful one, and for fast healing and great rehab!

Karen B. said...

Wishing you the best of luck for your surgery and a swift recovery! Your card is so romantic.

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful papers on this pretty card Sharli! Keeping you in my prayers as you have your knee surgery - hope to see you back stamping quickly!