Friday, November 9, 2012

Preparing 1.4

Another prototype card for the Valentines workshop.  This one was very simple, "almost" one layer and reminds me of a sympathy card.  LOL  Any ideas to make it less somber?  Change the ribbon?  Add a tiny sparkle to the center of each flower blossom?  Scale it sideways and add some design paper along the right-hand side under the ribbon??

It's finally Friday - only one more sleep until Steve comes home!  I've got a million things I want to do before he gets here (mostly cleaning) but I'm not sure it does any good to clean while they are still doing construction (like shoveling snow during a blizzard!).  Perhaps I'll concentrate on filling the refrigerator with his favorites and getting a pedicure (I'd like that before surgery anyway!).  

I've only had one person try to guess on the number of visits leading up to the total knee replacement - wouldn't you like to play?  

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

This is a pretty stamp set. I'm not really feeling the ribbon though, sorry to say. I see it first and not the rest. I'm used to seeing the branch stamped sideways as well. Maybe if you change the orientation and place the sentiment below and offset just a bit? I like the idea of sparkle, too. I wonder if you cut the ribbon down and put a knot toward the one end, like the ribbon is tied on the branch? I dunno. Just some thoughts.

I say go for the food and pedicure. Steve is there to see YOU not necessarily a clean house (at least I hope that is his priority) LOL.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful cards, although the changes you made on the next post really made it go wow!