Saturday, November 10, 2012

Preparing 1.4.2

My thanks to Jeanne Tomshack for helping me figure out what to do with the card I posted last night . . . I like this one much better!  The branch & blossoms are Papertrey Ink's Out on a Limb, and the birds are from Papertrey Ink; Through the Tree's.  The sentiment is a Close-to-My-Heart from the stamp set Bliss.  

Here's the other re-make. I skipped the ink distressing - and used a simpler embossing folder (swiss dots).  The heart was cut out with a scalloped die and heat embossed onto design paper.  This is a smaller card (4 x 4") and the little bit of lace is a nice touch.  Instead of a window in the white piece, I just popped up the heart on adhesive foam squares.  It's pretty simple but will teach a few nifty tricks and the result is pleasing.

Gotta run - I'm picking Steve up in less than 2 hours and I need to do some primping!  :-D
 

7 comments:

Laurel said...

Pretty cards, love the ribbon!

Carla said...

Great cards -- especially love the sweet birds on the first one!
Enjoy your time with your sweetie!

Jeanne said...

Oh wow, Sharli! This is all you, not much from me, but thanks so much for the credit. What a wonderful card. LOVE the little love birds. Just beautiful. The colors, the ribbon, it all works together beautifully. Your second card is lovely, too!

Hope you and Steve had a wonderful reunion and homecoming!

Alanna said...

Both cards are fabulous. I'm so happy to heat that you will be reunited with Steve for a bit. Hugs!

Jane said...

These are so pretty! I love the little birds on the branch and the swiss dots too. Your Valentine workshop looks loverly! I hope Steve will be "home" for a long while!

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful and those two sweet little birds on that branch, too cute. What I really like is that you used the blue ink for both the birds and the word together, really pulls the card together, just so classy.

Beate said...

Both cards look great, Sharli.
Hugs and smiles