Saturday, November 17, 2012

Happy Saturday!  I'm so happy to be home - there is nothing as sweet as your own bed, especially when you're tired and sore.  Steve has been the best nurse ever - he is so gentle and kind yet he makes me do my exercises!  Have I mentioned that I love this man?  

Today I'm posting another sample Valentine card for the fund-raising project at church.   I borrowed an idea from Jeanette Lynton here. The moment I saw her card I saw "hearts"!  I used the Mad About You stamp set from Close-to-My-Heart but I didn't do any kissing (with the stamp anyway).  The dye colors are Blush, Cotton Candy, Hollyhock, and Ruby.  The sentiment was stamped in Cotton Candy Pigment ink.  I used a small piece of tulle bunched up to flag out from under the center medallion and clipped the ends into multiple points.  I just purchased a "gotta have it" Memory Box heart chain border die from 1-2-3-Stitch.com and used it along the inside bottom edge.  I'm going to LOVE this cutting die!

I've made a couple of cards today, and can see scrapbooking in my future!  Yippeee!!!!   It's ok if you are jealous.  I'm a little bit jealous myself!  *giggle*  That must be the drugs talking!  *giggle*

Hugs!!

8 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Hi Sharli! So glad you are home- done with the surgery and feeling well enough to stamp!! Glad to here Steve is with you as you recover - nothing worse than being alone when you are not in tip top shape! Love this pretty heart card with the lovely gauzy ribbon piece!

Cibele Glazer said...

I can't believe I missed that you were having surgery! I've been a bad blogger friend. I am so happy that all went well and that you are recuperating with lots of love. Let me add to that love and hope you heal quickly.

Now as for the card...I adore it! Love that you made a flower from the hearts. Very clever!

Alanna said...

So glad that you are home and that Steve is taking such good care of you. Your card is gorgeous. I love all the shades of red and pink.

Jeanne said...

Welcome home, Sharli! I hope that combined with Steve's excellent care and good recovery vibes that you feel better and better each and every day.

Your card is fantastic! Love the hearts stamped to look like a flower and that tulle adds wonderful texture.

Healing hugs to you!

Curt in Indy said...

Hey Sharli! I hope this comment finds you on the mend and much more comfortable. I hope you are doing well. I looked back at all of your prototypes and my absolute fav is the cut out circle with the two flowers in it. That is simply stunning! I just may have to case that one soon. Hugs for healing! Curt

Kim Heggins said...

This is just so beautiful...love those hearts and that little bit of tulle adds such a wonderful sweet touch to your already amazing card.

Karen B. said...

What a clever use of a heart stamp! Happy Thanksgiving!

maria f. said...

Really pretty card and I love the bit of tulle! Gute Besserung.