Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Preparing 1.1 . . .

More about the Valentines project . . . this simple card uses a Spellbinder die cut heart opening in the center of a dry-embossed piece that has been lightly rubbed with "Cashmere" ink from Close-to-My-Heart.  I'm not sure I like the rubbed ink part, what would you do instead?  The ruby paper behind the cut-out was heat embossed with "LOVE".  All of this is on the front face of the card (the dry embossed panel is elevated on foam squares).  Not too difficult, I hope.

More progress on the barn door today - when I got home the door has been sanded and the steel bands are in place.  The hardware to hang the door is back on, and a scrap piece of wood was handy for me to examine the finish on it.  (a light oiling - definitely not shiny!).  

Work was busy today and we must be getting weather because I've had a pounding headache all day long!  Or is it just the endless political talk?

Namaste.  

6 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Gorgeous card, Sharli.
I love using embossing folders and the ink looks great. Sometimes I gently sand the top and add ink, but then the colours are bolder rather than the nice subtle way you've done it. You could also rub versamark across the dry embossing and wet emboss with embossing powder.

Jeanne said...

Very pretty card. Personally, I'd leave the ink off and let the embossing on the love add a little something to the card. Or maybe sponge ink the edges of the embossed piece and leave the raised parts alone. But, don't get me wrong, it's pretty as is.

Congrats on the progress on the barn door. What a project, huh?

Hope your headache went away!

Julia Aston said...

An easy card that packs a punch for your group Sharli! I might just leave the embossed white alone to keep the strong contrast beteween the white and red!

Alanna said...

What a great card. I really like the embossing and would probably just have left the extra ink off.

Glad to hear the barn door is moving along.

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Thanks for being so honest! I think the cashmere ink just made it look dirty, not aged. I'll try leaving it off and think about making the red piece a 1/8" bigger than the dry embossed piece to help it pop! I'll post once I get that done! Hugs!!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

What a beautiful card! LOVE your design and perfect embossing!
Have a wonderful week-end, hugs, Karin