Thursday, November 1, 2012

Another partial fold card


I am so taken with this card-base type, I'll probably be on a kick with it for a few days!  LOL  This was another one I created this week with the same dimensions (which for the base is 4" x 10.5" with a score from the right at 5.5 and from the left at 2.5").  I snagged this adorable stamp on clearance sale from My Favorite Things (MFT) at this sale.  I used the Close-to-My-Heart Roxie papers and stamped the image and sentiment onto the linen-look design paper.  I need to practice coloring with the new CTMH alcohol markers - but for someone who never had a Copic class, I'm getting the hang of it.  Just think what I could do if I had a lesson!  

Remodeling update - I'm sure most of you have been through some sort of remodeling project.  And I'm sure most of you have experienced the delays, set-backs, project over-runs.  I'm so ready for my barn-door to be finished!  {deep sigh!}  This project started in May and was supposed to be done by July 4th.  Hello!?!  It's NOVEMBER now.  Bring on your sympathy!!!

On a lighter note, I had 61 trick-or-treaters for Halloween and they were darling!  One little "kitty" pointed out sweetly that I had a big cat. (Bilbo was at the door greeting everyone).  Two teens startled me with their "dark" costumes - one was The Grim Reaper ( ! ) and I stuttered - "you can have some candy, just please let me live to see the sunrise".  He stomped the scythe on the ground and solemnly swore that "it will be so" then went on to say that he would tell all of the other grim reapers to let me live.  All this with a straight face!  Probably an acting student from the school near here.  They turned at the end of the driveway and waved and said "Thanks!!".  
I love Halloween!

Hugs!

7 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Very sweet bunny card and your colouring is marvelous!
Lucky you to have that many trick-or-treaters....we had 11 and live next door to the elementary school! Go figure!

Karen B. said...

Glad you go things finished, and your trick or treaters sounded like fun! Your card is great too, the fold adds such a great touch.

Jeanne said...

Great job on the card, Sharli. The image reminds me of my Jessica who love, love, loves to read! And believe you me, I completely empathize with your remodeling project "woes." I hope you get done soon! As for the trick or treaters, sounds like that one had a neat attitude about it all. I have to ask, did you physically count each person who came to the door? LOL And yay for Bilbo, who is obviously much more comfortable these days! That's progress for sure!

Happy Friday!

Jeanne said...

Oh gosh, after I hit publish, I realized that the photo of Mr. Baggins is just to the right of the pop up window where I am typing in comments. He IS pretty dang big (beautiful, or should I say handsome, but big)!

Laurel said...

This is super cute!

Alanna said...

Your card is super cute. I love that image. Um trying to resist that sale at MFT. Sorry to hsar about the remodel woes. Hopefully it will be done soon. Hugs!

Curt in Indy said...

I'm with you - I love this fold. Your card and image are wonderful! You made me laugh out loud with your trick or treater story. How fun, and I love the fact that your cat greeted everyone. My boys always have to be put up because they would eat the trick or treaters! LOL They think that they are intruders! Hugs, Curt