Sunday, October 21, 2012

Open Stamping - Technique Sneaky Peak

This is the prototype for the Open Stamping technique next weekend.  Come and learn how to make this different kind of card.  When it's closed, the front piece matches up with the inside piece, hiding it.  And it stands by itself.  There are several tricks to learn while making this one!  It was inspired by this card by Lisa Stenz, and I used Pear & Partridge papers and Close to My Heart stamps.  Ink colors were Champagne, Olive, Ruby and Cocoa.  

It's been a wonderful weekend!  The antibiotics are kicking in and I feel human again!  The weather is holding under 100 - so it was fun to putter in the yard and I planted new flowers (luscious geraniums in various colors!) and nearly stepped on a toad trying to cut my way-too-tall grass!  I screamed like a girl - but I'm not afraid of the toad, he just startled me!  

I wish every weekend could be so relaxing!
Hope your's was awesome, too!

Namaste. 

9 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

GORGEOUS Sharli....and I hope that toad learned his lesson to not be where you are stepping, next time, ha!

Alanna said...

This is so beautiful. What a unique card. Glad to hear you are feeling better. And I would have been scared of the toad. Lol

Jeanne said...

Gosh, this is a very pretty card, Sharli. I like the style of it and its uniqueness. Have fun with this one!

I liked Nancy's comment about the toad learning not to be where you want to step next time. I'd of screamed too, and possibly done the icky girly dance. LOL Not because I'm scared so much as toads and frogs remind me of a nightmare I had as a kid where the ground was covered with them and I had to walk through them all barefoot. Shivers and shudders...blech! LOL

Karen B. said...

We actually had nice weather this weekend too, above forty! Your card is beautiful, and looks intriguing to make!

Julia Aston said...

what a fun design Sharli - love the stamps you used!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sharli! Love the sweet bird and pretty patterned paper!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sharli! Love the sweet bird and pretty patterned paper!

Cibele Glazer said...

I am in love with this card!!! Simply gorgeous!

Jane said...

Sharli, the card and its design are gorgeous. Glad you're feeling better!
Now you can make your garden friend a flower-pot toad abode. :)