Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Hopelessly lost in love

My darling husband has a compass in his car and one on his watchband, so he always knows which direction is North!  When I first spied this stamp set, I immediately thought of Steve!  The card is very straight-forward.  I used the wood-design paper from CTMH Dakota, and the stamps were from Market Street Stamps.  I colored the center of the compass with the new alcohol markers from CTMH.  

My beloved went back North yesterday (to his summer home) for a few more weeks of work up there.  I have been so worn out with the knee aggravating me and a tiresome cold!  My plans are to baby myself and feel better soon!  

Just for fun - I'm going to brag a little about his artistic abilities!  Steve created this tile floor pattern in his house in Mesa (that he's renting).
 AND here's the close up view . . .
Awesome - Possum!

Hugs!

10 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

I love this card.....wonderful job, Sharli! The paper is perfect; the sentiment and you can't go wrong with some love hearts as a border, either!
That floor is pretty darned nice too!

Alanna said...

What a beautiful card. And what a sweet story you shared about Steve. His tile floor looks amazing. I hope that your knee starts to feel better soon. Rest up friend.

Jeanne said...

I agree with the other posters. This card is wonderful, the tile is beautiful and I too, hope your knee feels better and your cold goes away!

Hugs!!

Maria Matter said...

beautiful card Sharli! what a great sentiment for this stamp!!

beautiful tile floor!!
feel better soon!

Jane said...

Sharli, the compass card is perfect in every way! And what an artistic dearhub you have--great floor! Praying you feel better soon. Be good to yourself!

Julia Aston said...

what a great masculine card design Sharli! love those stamps and the wonderful wood background paper! And what a nice floor design!

Marybeth said...

Wonderful guy card, Sharli! Sounds like the compas is a perfect stamp. Great floor design too. I think it's sweet that you are so proud , as you should be.

mE said...

Love the card!! I hope yourknee feels better soon and you shake that cold. My beloved went east today, back to work for the week. :(

I LOVE the tile "rug". He did an awesome job!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sharli! Love the heart border!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sharli! Love the heart border!