Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Just a couple more . . .

This ribbon treatment is pretty cool in real life - I wasn't as happy with the candle - I used the white pigment ink on the black doily but it wasn't bright enough to suit me.  After it was good and dry I went over it with the Signo white pen.  What you can't see is that the flame is sparkly.  

This one has NO stamping at all, just a little ink on the edges of things . . . no wonder these cards were so fast to create! 

Steve and I are enjoying the time together - we've made progress on the barn door and have enjoyed loads of football and baseball games.  Steve is working on getting his house ready to rent out this winter . . . I'm hoping he'll have a photo of the tile floor when it's done.  Here's a  shot of the barn door just before the 3rd section was added . . .
Golly, I'm ready to see this thing hanging up!
Hugs!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Great cards!

Jeanne said...

The cards look great. I like that textured stuff on the candle card. And the second card looks like you put a lot of work into it! Cute ribbon there, too.

Good luck on the barn door, it looks pretty dang big. Glad to hear you and Steve are having fun together!

Curt in Indy said...

Love, love, love your Halloween cards! I've had problems too with stamping pigment white ink onto dark colors so I stopped doing that. I simply use Versamark and white embossing powder now and it works like a charm for bright white. Great stuff here! Hugs, Curt