Friday, February 7, 2014

Birthday - vintage CTMH

These stamps and papers are retired, but I'm having so much fun re-discovering the "old" stamps with the "new" tools!  I used alcohol markers to color this - it went so fast and is so easy!!  I added a little sparkle by way of Spica gel pen (stardust?).  Do you recognize the "base" of this card?  Last year about this time I held a workshop fund-raiser at church and we made valentines.  There were a few leftovers and I pulled out the bag while cleaning the studio the other day.  Here was the original card

Tonight Steve has invited the neighborhood to dinner!  No, I'm not kidding!  (You just gotta love this man!)  We think there might be 16.  The menu is low key and fun (grilled hot dogs / brats and sloppy joes). Some of our neighbors we don't know at all except to wave "hello".  I'm excited to get to know them better and thankful that my darling husband is such a generous and gracious host.  Hope your weekend is starting out as wonderful as mine is!

Hugs!!

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great card, Sharli! I like that colorful cupcake stand full of yummy looking cupcakes. *Ü* I'm sure you are going to have a terrific get together!

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous and fun card and I love that tray of sweet little cupcakes.

Jill Norwood said...

How fun to have a neighborhood dinner! We played in the snow with all of our neighbors today! So fun!

Your card is lovely! I love rediscovering things I haven't used in a while! :)

Shirley said...

You really set an example in using the leftover BG's. I need to do that. Your card is really bright and cheerful. Raining here!! :-)

Alanna said...

Your card is gorgeous. I love that fun cupcake image.

I hope the neighborhood party went well. How fun!