Friday, February 28, 2014

Wonderful, Fabulous, Tags!

At the end of this month I will be celebrating 10 years of employment at Mayo Clinic.  I have a tradition of thanking my colleagues at work for "putting up with me" all year!  I bake brownies, and purchase Girl Scout cookies to give with a hand-made tag each year.  It's really delightful to visit some people later and still see the tags on their bulletin boards.

This was one stamp set called Wonderful You - - I absolutely love this sentiment.  There are two different bird images and both make a beautiful card quickly and easily.  

The diamond pattern is so easy to use (it's a double row but matches up easily so you could cover a much larger paper) and I used Sweet Leaf for that design element.  The bird was colored with the new CTMH alcohol markers. The sentiment is stamped in Momento Truffle (like the CTMH cocoa ink).  I like the Momento inks when I'm going to be coloring more (with water brush or alcohol) because it doesn't bleed.

I started these during Open Stamping and made great progress that day.  After work this week when Steve was away I finished up 24 tags.  That's enough for work and to put some on the packages that just arrived for my friends!  

We're looking forward to some rain here . . . hope your weekend will be wonderful and fabulous!   

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on your anniversary at Mayo! What a wonderful and sweet gesture to celebrate those around you. Somehow I can't imagine that is all that difficult for them to "put up" with you. The tag is beautiful! Have a joyful weekend.

Kim Heggins said...

You are just so sweet! What a kind thing to do for your co-workers and congrats on 10 years.