Saturday, March 8, 2014

Top of the morning to ya, are you enjoying a wee wonderful weekend?!

This card was what my friends made for Open Stamping at my house end of February.  The technique I was highlighting was using embossing folders with ink to create not only embossed design but with color!  We put the paper in a diagonal striped folder one direction, inked with Topiary (CTMH - green) then cleaned the folder off, turned it 90 degrees and put the paper in again and embossed again with Sorbet (CTMH - deep coral).  The resulting "plaid" literally pops from the paper since it stands out because of the dry embossing.  The rest of this card is straight forward. 

I've got a "to-do" list a mile long for today so I'll keep this post short!  It's only 59 days until my "retirement".  I am taking Mr. Bilbo Baggins to the vet today for a wellness exam - we need to think about what to do to prepare him for flying.  I'm thinking kitty-valium might be in order!  

Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Oh...I love your plaid and those colors are so bright! Your shamrocks are too cute too, such a sweet card.

Jeanne said...

Such a happy card. Thanks for sharing that neat sounding technique. Sure looks great! Okay, wait? You are retiring? Wow! Hope you find something to keep your kitty happy while traveling!

Ted said...

Such an adorable card, Sharli! :) Thanks for checking up on me. I'm fine! Just have been bad about posting photos of my cards and such. :) Okay... I'll admit it. Plain laziness! :) I hope you have a blessed spring!

Curt in Indy said...

Hey Sharli! Took some time browsing and catching up on your blog. Love this cute shamrock card. Your tag is beautiful, and only you would be so sweet to do something like this for your co-workers. I wanted to thank you too for your kindness and support during the loss of my Shotsy. You were so kind and I so appreciated it. It meant so much and I wanted you to know. Hope all is well in your world. Hope Bilbo's vet visit went well. Hugs, Curt