Saturday, March 15, 2014

Retirement!

I have a dear friend at church that just retired and I HAD to make a special card for her!  This is a PTI stamp set - complete with dies to cut out the bicycle, wheels, flowers for the basket, etc... it makes creating something like this more of a construction project than I'm used to but it was entertaining!  The sky was done by inking the cloud embossing folder with CTMH Sky blue.  I'm enjoying inking up those folders!  

Life is good!  I must confess that I'm a little terrified of retirement (52 days, but who's counting!).  I'm not worried about what comes next, more of what I'm leaving behind.  But isn't life about making change?  I felt the same way when Steve swept me off my feet and I went from being decidedly single to being a partner - and that certainly worked out wonderfully!  So, my mantra these days is to "have courage" and keep focused on what is ahead.  

Hugs!!
 

7 comments:

Alanna said...

What a wonderful card. Such a great scene you created.

I'm sure you will manage retirement just fine. :)

Nancy Ball said...

This is such a sweet card, Sharli. I love all of the elements and colours. I'm looking forward to hearing how you spend your retirement.

Jeanne said...

This is a lovely card, Sharli. I like the scene, it's so peaceful. Thanks for sharing. You know, you could say of retirement, once you get there is why the heck did I wait so long! I'm sure you will love it!

Julia Aston said...

What a great bike and fun card for the retiree! how exciting that you are just 52 days away from it yourself!!! I'm counting down 3 years - and I can't wait to not have to go to work and do what I want all day long!

Kim Heggins said...

Adorable card...love that bicycle and your background is so sweet. I am sure your card will be loved!
You asked me about the Inktense colored pencils, they are amazing. I used them with a water brush and brushed up against the pencil lead and painted with them. You can also color with them and then add a bit of water to make more vibrant color. Here is a link to Amazon where I bought mine.
http://www.amazon.com/Derwent-Inktense-Pencils-Metal-2301843/dp/B001XCWP34/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1395161193&sr=8-3&keywords=inktense+watercolor+pencils
I bought the 72 color pack, it was the best deal at the time. Enjoy!

Cibele Glazer said...

What a great card! You created such a beautiful scene and it really makes me want the warmer weather to get here quickly! Hope you are well. :)

Jane said...

Sharli, your beautiful card makes me feel like I'm riding on a Spring day!

Retirement is a giant leap of faith. You will make it a wonderful stage of your life. Wishing you all God's blessings!