Monday, March 24, 2014

CAS technique for Open Stamping this weekend

This card was the result of one of those amazing serendipity accidents!  I had been working on a card with a trio of feathers on the front - like the one posted here.  I was testing stamps (sometimes brand new ones don't take the ink up properly because of a slight oily residue on them) and had stamped the image off onto a post-it note.  Then, with the sentiment - same thing - testing to see that it would stamp clearly and completely and so I just stamped the sentiment right over the previously stamped feather.  Then, the magic happened!  Right before my eyes, I saw the most beautiful idea for a card!!  Clean and Simple (CAS)!  Yeah Baby!!

So, this will be our technique this coming Sunday.  We'll make this card, but I hope people will play around with other images and sentiments, too.  I know I'm planning a Mother's Day card with a pretty flower in the background, and it would make a nice Easter card with a sweet bunny something.  The possibilities are endless!  Maybe I'm the last person to realize that you can actually stamp the sentiment right over your focal image.  I dunno.  *wink*

Everything here is Close-to-My-Heart.  The feather stamps, the sentiment is from the set called Fabulous You, the papers are Ariana, the ink colors are Creme Brulee and Cocoa.  The cardstocks are Kraft and Colonial White.  

Sorry for the short post - busy week!  Hope things are good in your neck of the woods!  Hugs!!

5 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

LOVE this card, Sharli. I go in waves of CAS cards then crazy layered ones. Consider this one lifted!
Thank you also for all of the kind words you leave on my blog. I really do appreciate reading them and they bring a smile to my face!

Jeanne said...

Wow, love it when that happens. Thanks for sharing. I really like the colors on this card! It looks terrific! Have a great week!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card and don't you just love it when things happen that turn into amazing cards...this is so sweet.

Curt in Indy said...

Don't you love that when it happens?!? I really like this a lot. It almost looks like the feather and the sentiment were made to do this. Love the colors too. Hope you are doing well! Hugs, Curt

Jane said...

Your CAS card is perfect, Sharli! Everything "fits" so well! Blessings.