Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Honey Bee-hive cards

I love this honey beehive image - it's an o.l.d. stamp (wood mounted!) from Close-to-My-Heart and it might be old enough to harken back to when they were called D.O.T.S. (perhaps?!).  I enjoy sitting and coloring this image in.  I "found" it recently when I was cleaning!  *wink*

I made two versions of this card.  The first one was the Gypsy purple format - which is still my favorite one.  The second one needed to be green as it was a Thank You note to some dear friends who hosted the most wonderful party for St. Patrick's Day!   Both of the images were done with water brush and dye inks on watercolor paper.  There was a little bit of the Starlight gel pen added at the last . . .

Work has been crazy-busy!  It is very fulfilling to knock things off the to-do list and the days are passing very quickly.  Time spent in the studio is precious and helps me to hang onto my sanity!  This weekend I plan to pack up some things to ship to my home up North.  Hope you're getting a little crafty time, also! 

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh very sweet, Sharli! I like how you have them displayed as well. Are you moving to Minnesota (right?) permanently once you retire? If so, winters could be quite the adjustment for you. ;)

Alanna said...

These are both beautiful Sharli and I think I remember that older wooden stamp. :)

Alanna said...

These are both beautiful Sharli and I think I remember that older wooden stamp. :)

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous cards Sharli! Love those sweet little bee hives and bows!