Monday, September 11, 2017

Making cards with the foster grand-daughters

The "girls" age 6 and 4 are my Beloved's foster son's two daughters.  They found some wood mounted stamps at a garage sale and bought them for me!  There was a big bag of stamps!  I set up a table one afternoon for us to make some simple cards together.  Well, I thought they were simple!  The top is design paper from the new CTMH fundamental pack.  The cardstocks are all CTMH as well as the inks.  The little girl was stamped with black and colored with color pencils.  The big crayons were stamped by the girls - with only one stamp pad that had a darker color stamped into a lighter color. :-(  I can fix it, but will need to take it back to AZ where I can clean it again and then re-ink it.  

So, I pre-cut the pieces and helped them learn how to use the scallop edge punch.  I used "scor-tape" but won't do that again; next time just plain old glue sticks.  The tape was too difficult for them to understand and the two of them used almost an entire roll of tape to make two cards, even with me trying to help them.  

So - the card you see is my card.  Not sure what I'll do with that one!!!  LOL  But, I can say that we passed a couple of hours in this activity. A WIN!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Awww, Sharli! How sweet! And what a fun memory these girls will have of the first time they made cards with you!

Julia Aston said...

What a thoughtful gift the girls gave you and how wonderful to stamp with them!