Thursday, September 14, 2017

Thinking of You

I don't think I'll ever get tired of this Tim Holtz - Paper Garden image of a cone flower!  Could it be that the cone flower is really my favorite perennial flower?!  I think it is - although white daisies come very close. 

Anyway, most of the papers, inks, and even the sentiment are CTMH.  The top piece was a Strathmore 400 smooth mixed media paper. The flowers were colored with Derwent watercolor pencils. The dots were through a stencil and sponged with the brand new Pebble ink.  It was so light at first, I had to go over and over it to get it to be visible!  That brown twine is from a huge piece I rescued from the garden about 5 years ago - and I'm down to my last foot!  No kidding!  Luckily, I know where to find it (Ace Hardware!).  LOL

3 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Pretty. Here I thought maybe you used an embossing folder with ink/water to make the print. A stencil is great tool, too.

Jeanne said...

Lovely card, Sharli. I'm such a novice at flowers, I'm used to seeing cone flowers in pink, so the yellow threw me a little. It's so pretty! I really like your stenciled polka dotted background. And how neat that you can get the twine at Ace! You've gone through a lot of twine if you've used it up essentially. :) Hugs! Have a great day.

Kim Heggins said...

Just beautiful...love your gorgeous flowers!!