Tuesday, February 27, 2018

House Mouse stamps with CTMH papers

I have been so fortunate with my House Mouse stamps.  First, many years ago, a dear friend gave me a pile of pre-stamped images to use.  I was on a tight budget, and wanted to participate in the House Mouse weekly challenges (which I never did because I was hoarding the precious gift).  A fellow scrapper, gone now, gave me two very large House Mouse Christmas stamps.  Of course, I treasure those because they remind me of her.  Recently another friend received BOXES of wood-mounted stamps.  She picked out what she wanted and brought to our Open Stamping group about 200 "leftovers" for us to share.  I wound up with a LOT more House Mouse!  I have now un-mounted all except the very large ones, and have started stamping the images and coloring them.  

Last week I made this card for a friend who has been under the weather.  I thought this little mouse in a cuppa' might make her smile.  I used Derwent Inktense pencils to watercolor the image (so easy-peasy!).  The papers are all CTMH, the design paper from "Gimme Some Sugar".  The silk hand-dyed ribbon is from my stash.  It is an A2 card.  

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

What a fun story about how you got your House Mouse stamps. Crafty friends are so generous! Your card is delightful. He's a funny one with that satisfied grin on his face. Your coloring is great and the card colors are lovely. Great job! :) Hugs!