Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Divine Bovine!

I needed a birthday card for a friend who loves cows!  CTMH has a retired set that includes this image - still brand new without ink but over 5 years old!  SO, we got some ink on this baby!  I used Momento Espresso Truffle because I knew I wanted to add some other colors and wanted an ink that wouldn't move.  
The second photo shows this card standing.  I used Derwent pastel pencils to lightly color the sky, grass, the ground, and some of the seal (gold, of course).  Inside the card I used a CTMH dye ink in pale yellow (canary?) to background stamp the sentiment, and then the sentiment in the Espresso Truffle.  It turned out fun - with the new "Documented" paper pack.  

Summer is interesting this year.  I'm much stronger healthy-wise, and have been mostly doing yoga practice 2/week.  I caught some bug recently that knocked me down, but I'm on the tail end of it now.  What that means is that I've had some quiet time at my studio desk!  Yea!!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Lovely card, Sharli. Wonderful image with pretty colors. I like the soft look you chose for coloring. I'm so sorry to hear you got sick, but relieved you are feeling better. Hope the rest of your summer is on the healthy side so you can really enjoy it. :) Hugs!

Julia Aston said...

Isn't it great to get out unused stamps that you've had forever! But you had the perfect stamp for your friend's card today - AND you remembered you had it!!