Sunday, July 29, 2018

More hand colored open flowers

I wasn't satisfied with the earlier version of this "open flower" card so I went back to try again.  I had purchased a set of Chalk pencils in a very small office supply store that also had some artist supplies!  I've never worked with chalk, but figured it is more opaque and might be fun.  Anyway, this one is my first with the chalk so be kind.  
After making the card, I saw a post on Alanna's blog here and she explained that she stamped the flowers, colored them, and then came back to do the embossing so that the coloring part wouldn't ruin the heat embossing!  Alanna - you are a genius!!!  That is the part I needed to know!  My next attempt at this style will be done and posted soon (I hope).  Still, I do love all the gold embossing on this card and the gold striped vellum is amazing!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

This is beautiful, Sharli! It looks very elegant. :) Hugs!

Julia Aston said...

The chalk looks lovely inside the gold embossing Sharli - so pretty on the kraft base!