Monday, May 21, 2018

Sympathy card using Love Blooms

I'm still in love with watercoloring, even though I don't have a very good handle on it yet!  I tried to let the background (very pale gray) run and be free but it didn't really.  I'll keep practicing!

The stamp set is the CTMH retired set - Love Blooms.  The sentiment is Verve.  I used Derwent Inktense pencils and did the gray color by blending two colors of the CTMH watercolor paint set to create the right tone.  I just didn't get it "flowing" like I needed (more water??).

The sentiment was stamped in the new Charcoal color.  


Our Crabapple tree is in bloom
And our baby Zestar Apple tree!
So fun!




1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card, Sharli. I'm not an expert at watercolor at all, but I have learned to get the colors to flow you need to get the paper wet, then add the color with a wet brush. If you did that but didn't achieve the look you wanted, you would need maybe a little more water on the paper. Also, I assume you are using watercolor paper or maybe Bristol smooth? If you have a scrap paper, maybe practice a bit on that to see how it moves first. Hope that helps. The card is lovely and wonderful as a sympathy card. Your trees look wonderful and happy! :)