Tuesday, May 29, 2018

A special celebration!

At the Mesa Stamp Show there was a vendor that had pre-designed images (like the edges/water of this "card") that were on a watercolor paper.  I carry many of these with me when I travel along with my Derwent Inktense Pencils and when I have down-time I color.  Then I can make a card easy-peasy by adding a sentiment or something!  

We have a dear friend who is being ordained to Priesthood in the Episcopal church in June.  I thought the "leaves" also looked like water, perhaps even a wave, so I colored it in blues and blue-green.  The waters of Baptism (another sacrament).  
In this photo you might be able to see the clear iridescent filaments that I tucked under the focal image piece.  In the light they are really, really pretty!  Made me think of "let your light shine".  
Stephen picked the inside sentiment.  He liked this one best - and since he's been there, done that, I thought it was appropriate to let him help with this card!  I love it, really.  I hope our friend does too!

2 comments:

richardbreaks said...

Very smart of you to keep craft supplies with you on the go. The benefit of having a purse, I'm sure! Lol! Very lovely card.

Jeanne said...

Congratulations to your friend! What devotion. I like your idea of taking crafty goodies along with you to color on the go. Your card is beautiful in those colors and the bit of sparkle behind the main panel. I'm sure he will be very touched at your thoughtfulness! Hugs! :)