Thursday, May 31, 2018

Another sympathy card

I used a retired flower stamp set from CTMH for this one.  I needed an open flower image that I could heat emboss with white detail embossing powder.  Then I used pencils to add color.  A stripe of Glacier cardstock, the sentiments (from Verve) stamped in Saddle ink and a bit of string and it was done.  I really love how easy it looks.  
My darling daughter turned 33 last weekend.  I can hardly believe it!  But getting to spend time with Kristen and Brian recently really showed me how mature, lovely, gracious, and happy she is!  I brought her into this world hoping she would turn out to be a good person and she has FAR EXCEEDED my expectations!  

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful sympathy card, Sharli. I really like the white against the kraft cardstock and then the addition of the blue adds another pretty element. The sentiment is comforting without being too much. Great job! You should be a proud mama to have raised such a wonderful daughter. Hugs!

Kandi said...

Very beautiful Sharli. I love the white embossing with the colors in the flowers.