Friday, April 13, 2012

He Has Risen! Alleluia!

I made just ONE Easter card - for a dear friend at church that needed it more than I needed the hour of time it took to make it. I borrowed this design from Jen Cuthbertson (here). It was "only" 98% cased, but I love how it turned out! Thanks for the inspiration Jen!

Holy week was so rich, full, enlightening, and rewarding. I am thankful that we're into the Easter season and joy has filled my world once again. The journey through Holy Week often leaves me feeling sad and drained. This year was different - due in large part to a book study group that helped me see things from a little different perspective. The book was The Last Week by Marcus J. Borg and John Dominic Crossan.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend, too.
Hugs!

4 comments:

stampmonkey said...

CASEd or not, your Easter card is beautiful, Sharli! I'm sure your friend loved it...so soft and pretty, filled with a message of hope.

I've never done a study on this, but I agree that if you spend time reflecting on what Easter really is...it can be a bit draining (have you ever watched Mel Gibson's "The Passion"? Oh, my!). Thankfully, though the 'ending' is the most wonderful one there could be, and that's a reason to celebrate! Your book study sounds interesting; I just may have to check it out one of these days. TFS!

big hugs and enjoy your weekend~
Christi

Karen B. said...

Beautiful card with a special meaning.

Scossie Jane said...

Love your Easter card Sharli, beautiful colours, and with such an important message - Blessings for the Season.... Hugs xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful Easter card, Sharli! Love the script paper behind the eggs and all the details! I'm always glad when Lent is over. It's a meaningful walk through Jesus' suffering and death, but it's so good to get to the Alleluias again! Blessings!