Sunday, April 29, 2012

Thinking of you . . .

These cards were made one evening after work - I had a short amount of time to "play" and had some friends in need of a surprise in their mailboxes.  Using the Close-to-My-Heart papers made the card super fast!  I love how the images of the little flower and butterfly (from the new stamp set Word Puzzle) look on the light color design paper!  Very rich!  I used the CTMH markers to color them after embossing the outline images with black embossing powder.  

It's Sunday - Open Stamping day!  I look forward to this all month - having my friends over and seeing all the awesome creative things they are working on these days!  I'll be teaching an easel card with a couple of tricks (I'll post the photo later this week - no time right now!).  

Someone asked for a wedding photo - I'm happy to oblige!  This was one of my favorite ones; we sent a lot of these with thank you notes to our friends.  The first one, Steve is making "moose ears" behind me, then the pretty one, of us happy together by the tree, then the sweet kiss.  Robin James did a fabulous job with our photos - she was so professional, did exactly what I wanted and I simply couldn't have asked for anything better!  Perfection!
 Hugs!!

4 comments:

Carla said...

Gorgeous card - I love it!! I had trouble figuring out how to use that Wings paper with the large letters - - now I know!

Laurel said...

Gorgeous card and wedding photos! what a happy looking couple!

Alanna said...

Your card is beautiful and I love the wedding pictures you shared. Good to have fun and serious ones.

stampmonkey said...

Boy, being gone from blogland sure causes one to miss a lot. ;P I really love this card --the color combo is so striking, the ruffled ribbon is always wonderful, and your sweetly colored images are beautiful-- what's not to love?

Thanks for sharing some more of your wedding pictures. In addition to the purty ones, it looks like you two know how to have a lot of fun together...not that anyone asked, but I think that's a requirement for all good relationships! ;)

Hugs,
Christi