Monday, April 16, 2012

Mixed papers

One of the things I love about the Close to My Heart products is that the colors keep re-appearing! CTMH will issue a beautiful paper pack that I just absolutely LOVE, and next season there will be a new paper that coordinates perfectly with the one from before. I have been toying with the idea of actually storing my papers by color groups *gasp*.

This card was a re-make! Kris Massey did it for a CTMH Unit swap and I simply popped off her focal point piece (which had been sweetly misted with a spray of ink) and exchanged it for the pattern Olive paper. This allowed me to change out the sentiment - I needed a sympathy card! Thanks Kris!

Well - the tax extension papers are on their way to the post office. I've never filed an extension before but our taxes are so complicated this year! We simply couldn't get it together. I hope you've filed a long time ago and already spent your returns!!!

Hugs!

3 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Nice paper pairing, Sharli. I love it when that works out...gorgeous card.

Cibele Glazer said...

Beautiful job on the patterned paper combo! Very calming and perfect for a sympathy card.

As for taxes, we filed an extension too. I don't know how the time got away from us but it seems like we are always down to the wire. lol. Now I can't wait for the refund so I can get more goodies. ;)

stampmonkey said...

What beautiful papers! And how fortunate that you were able to make such a switch and then send it out as a sympathy card {great thinking, and it created a very lovely sympathy card}.

I think storing your papers by color is a really good idea --makes it easier to come up with combinations. These days, I tend to only buy 6x6 pads so containing scraps is my biggest problem. ;)

Good luck with your taxes. We mailed ours out {complete with a nice, big check ;/} on Friday...not late, but considering we actually had them ready to go over a month ago --well, perhaps it was just too painful to have to write out the check before we HAD to. ?? lol Hope you fare better than we did.

big hugs,
Christi