Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Brainerd Studio is Open!

When I got to Minnesota I learned that friends were getting married and we needed a card! So,  let me present the first card made in my new studio!!  I found the reverse image cling stamp (un-certain who?) in one of the first boxes I unpacked and had a vision of this card.  I mumbled "if only I have a script background" and to my complete delight I found a CTMH background stamp set that my dear friend Jone gave me as a studio warming gift (along with many other must-have-in-both-studios stamp sets). Thanks Jone!!  I stamped the wedding sentiment in olive, heat embossed it w/ clear, then used sponge daubers to ink in honey, blush, and hollyhock inks.  I put olive on the few stems and leaves but it looks more brownish.  Okay by me!  

We have had so much fun! If forced to pick a favorite activity it would be watching Steve's grandsons play baseball.  They have grown so much this last year!!  

4 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Sharli! Hope you have a great vacation!

Jeanne said...

Whooo hoooo! Congrats on the opening of your "new studio!" Looks like the new location agrees with you! Lovely card with great colors. Yay, Sharli!

maria f. said...

Everything about this post sounds wonderful - have a great time.

Julia Aston said...

The text looks super behind those lovely flowers Sharli! Looks like you'll be able to create from your 2nd studio just fine!