Monday, June 16, 2014

Another Sympathy Card

There have been a lot of starburst patterned cards lately!  I was putting together a card from pieces already cut (leftover from another project) and came up with this one.  You can still see my pencil marks to guide the markers (honey and creme brûlée) but I liked them so didn't try to erase them completely.   Unfortunately, I've needed a slew of sympathy cards recently.  You know you're getting old when . . . .

I'm pretty sure I never said that I'd be bored in retirement - at least not after falling in love with Steve.  We have been so busy!  There have been fishing tournaments, out-of-town guests, and travels to serve in rural churches in mostly Northern MN.  We just got home (9:30 pm) from little league baseball where Steve's grandson was competing.   

I am very happy!!  

Hugs!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

I'm so sorry you needed another sympathy card. This sure is a pretty one. That yellow background makes me think of the love that surrounds one in their time of sorrow and that cross is beautiful!

So tickled to hear that you are having so much fun in your retirement. So well deserved!!

Kim Heggins said...

wow...sorry to hear you needed more sympathy cards too but this is just gorgeous.