Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Boy Birthday

One of our Grandsons turned 9 this week!  I tried to create a fun, but masculine, card that was a little more grown up than my previous ones! I'm happy with how this turned out!  I find that once I get ink on stamps I usually discover all sorts of things to do with them!
This photo was the inside of the card before we wrote in it!  You can't tell from the photo, but I used the Spica stardust pen on the flames and some other parts to give it a little shine.  

We enjoyed a great family party together and this coming weekend our Grandson will be joining with three other friends with birthdays this week to have a combined giant blowout!  Isn't that a great idea?!?  
Hugs!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Great card, Sharli! You nailed the bit more masculine feel. Hope you all have a blast this weekend.

I just read in the paper that our Botanic Gardens is going to have a Chihuly glass exhibit starting in a week or so. I knew that name from your blog! :D I think the girls and I will go check it out this summer. :)

Shirley said...

A really great card for a 9 yr old boy! I love the colors, balloons, and star carrying that wonderful present and the message is great!
The inside is totally wonderful too!

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet birthday card...I love the blue and brown and your balloons, so festive.