Saturday, May 31, 2014

Fun with watercolors

This card is the first one made with the cuttlebug that my co-workers gave me for my summer studio.  It came with a small flower embossing folder and I thought the large sunflower would be a nice focal point.  

The flower elements were heat embossed with clear embossing on watercolor paper.  The flower was then water colored with a water brush pen.  The sentiment was stamped in cocoa.  This stamp set was a stamp of the month a year or two ago, and I can't pass up a sunflower!

I thought perhaps I could live without a cuttlebug up North, but I am SO grateful that my friends knew better!!  

Hugs!

9 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

STUNNING! I am surprised you just received an embossing tool.....I know you will LOVE having your cuttlebug and using it often!

Alanna said...

This is so pretty Sharli. And I'm so glad you have a cuttlebug now with you there.

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Sharli! This is just lovely. You do watercolors very well. How thoughtful of your friends to give you a Cuttlebug for your up north home. You've inaugurated it extremely well. :)

Carla said...

Very pretty card Sharli!

Julia Aston said...

Well, duh - of course you cannot survive in a craft room without a cuttlebug or SOME kind of die cutting machine!! silly girl! what a lovely inking and coloring of your beautiful sunflower!

maria f. said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Sharli!

Becca-expressions said...

Mmmmm...LOVE this!

Shirley said...

Oh wow, I am in love with this. I really like how you embossed the BG and how you did the side for your sentiment! I say frame it. I bet the receiver does.

Kim Heggins said...

This is just one amazing card! I love your sunflower, just gorgeous!