Sunday, May 4, 2014

April Open Stamping Technique

We reviewed two techniques at the April Open Stamping.  One was about using a stencil and white daisy acrylic paint (mixed 50% with the CTMH Pearl create-a-shade paint) and White Daisy pigment ink (for the sentiment).  I confess to stealing stamp-lifting the idea from Amber at DamaskLove.com here.  I had the square flap envelopes and so we made envelope liners for them instead of the pointy flap ones Amber used.  The cards and envelopes turned out pretty cool - I think everyone had a good time playing with the stencil.  Next time, I will cut my stencil down and actually run it through my Xyron sticker maker with repositionable tape as Amber suggests.  This will help prevent the paint "bleed" that you can see in some spots on my card example.  But, with Kraft paper and white paint, the rustic look of the "casual" inking is actually okay. 

If you've never seen Amber's blog, I must confess that I LOVE her work and visit her blog at least once a week for inspiration.  She is amazing!!

Well, I gotta go pop some things into a suitcase and see how much it weighs!  Wish me luck!!

3 comments:

Alanna said...

This looks so good. Love the technique.

Nancy Ball said...

This is great, Sharli. Love how it turned out!

Jeanne said...

Looks good to me!