Saturday, June 14, 2014

Soar

This was a clear embossed image with colors sponged over.  I forget how pretty this can be! I first learned this technique before I became a Close to My Heart consultant.  The company was still called DOTS back then! It was that year when I realized that I was not stamping impaired, I just had never experienced good quality stamps nor had I been shown the one or two tips that change a messy stamped image into a nice one.  But I digress . . . One of the first tricks I learned was heat embossing.  The fibers are long-discontinued chenille. I found a package of them when I was splitting my AZ studio to sent toys up to my new MN studio. 

Hope your weekend is wonderful!  Happy Flag Day to my friends in the USA!

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Your card is lovely and you are so right about stamps and technique! I love howyou sponged the BGs too! The chenille is an awesome add, Sharli!

Nancy Ball said...

This is gorgeous, Sharli! Funny, I too found a package of fibers while cleaning this week!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful work, Sharli. So glad you were able to feel stamp inspired over stamp impaired!

Julia Aston said...

Your sponging is wonderful over the white embossed bird soaring in the air over the green landscape Sharli! The fibers give a a visual break between land and sky - so pretty!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful dove Sharli and your inking is perfection.