Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Belated Birthday

Recently I "missed" a very special little girl's birthday.  I know, I'm very ashamed and im sure it won't happen again! To catch up, I made this cute owl card. My "a-ha" moment was when I took a conversation bubble and turned it backwards on the acrylic block so I could make a nice yellow bubble where I could stamp the sentiment.  I love how that turned out - so much better than free-handing it!

At the last minute I decided the owl needed legs, so they are sturdy ones that color coordinate like all girly owls.  It was actually pretty quick to make and I enjoyed it!




3 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

This is just too cute! I love your sweet little owl princess, so fun and I am sure the birthday girl will be so happy with it. I wanted to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog, you are the best!

Jeanne said...

Terrific owl, Sharli! Love the cute tiara and all the different patterns in the owl and the card itself. Perfect for a little girl who will no doubt be thrilled to receive this!

richardbreaks said...

I really love all the things you do with that owl!