Thursday, October 9, 2014

More fun with Sunflowers!

More fun!  This one uses three techniques combined.  I stamped the initial image with Flaxen ink, used the water coloring brush-pen to pick up ink from the ink pads and color (layering as I went along) and then, once it was all dry, I went back over some sections with Prismacolor pencils. Once the dye inks are dry, you can actually use OMS (odorless mineral spirits) over the pencils to blend them in without smudging the inks.  All of this was on a good quality watercolor paper. You might notice that the top sunflower is  much bolder than the other two.  Well, life is like that sometimes!  *wink*

Oh!  I had a comment come in on an older post where the person asked me questions about my name.  I would have replied directly to her, but there isn't any e-mail connected with her blog post.  So, I will answer the question here - feel free to skip over this part!  LOL My given name, on my birth certificate, is Sharli.  I was named for my Grandfather Charles and in those days it wasn't as fashionable to name girls with boy names.  I adored and respected my Grandfather, so I am proud to be his namesake. Mystery solved!

3 comments:

Alanna said...

Gorgeous card. Those sunflowers are beautiful.

And what a fun story about your name. I love it.

Jeanne said...

So pretty, Sharli! Thanks for sharing how you created the beautiful sunflowers. Loved the story about how you got your name. :) Have a great weekend!

Becca-expressions said...

Gorgeous coloring, Sharli!! Sunflowers are my favorites, I will be scraplifting this card.