Monday, January 11, 2016

Cacti and lizard!

The new CTMH Seasonal Expressions mini-catalog has Cacti stamps with matching thin cuts!! I also found THE COOLEST stamps in our Australasia offerings (which can be ordered, do a search on the name of the stamp set) - this card is a mixture of "Stuck on You" C1643 (USA/Canada) and "Outback Adventure" D1596. I watercolored the background paper, stamped and then decided the details didn't pop quite right on the lizard so I "improved" him with the white gel pen and black micron marker. *Giggle* and then there is the cacti - not sure why I put them in a pot! 


I'm anticipating a "play day" with one of my "best-est" friends today - I will FINALLY begin work on the baby book for a relative.  The poor child is half grown and asking his Mom where his baby book is!?!  My goodness!  The good news is that I found all of the memorabilia and photos, the papers and embellishments that I've collected for these past YEARS.  I'll try to post photos of my work as I progress!  

Hope your week will be filled with delightful things!

5 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

Such a cute card. I wondered where those wee tiny round thingys would go!

Karen B. said...

Good luck on your book! Beautiful background.

Karen B. said...

Good luck on your book! Beautiful background.

Jeanne said...

Have fun creating that baby book. I'm sure it will look great. The card looks great. I like the detail you added to the lizard. Well done!

Kim Heggins said...

Love your card...your images and coloring are just amazing.