Saturday, March 12, 2016

Gift bag

I needed a little gift bag to take for a dear friend.  This friend is truly "One  of a kind" and precious to me!  So, remembering a card idea I saw on Pinterest, I decided to line up some chairs and make one of them bright and fun (like my friend)!  Can you believe that I've had this now-retired CTMH Stamp of the Month for YEARS and had never gotten any ink on it!?!  Wow.  I think there have been some missed opportunities!

So, the details  . . .  Sangria paper pack, Poppy ink for the little sentiment, and I paper pieced the chair cushions.  The chairs themselves were stamped in Saddle but left un-colored. This weekend I'm at a fantastic scrapping retreat with my friend - it promises to be a BLAST - and with any luck, I'll have something to show for the three days!  *giggle*

ps - please ignore the very messy studio background on the "complete gift bag" photo!  My goodness, photos certainly tell the truth!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Terrific gift bag idea! Hey, better late than never in using the stamp set. :) It looks great. And your studio is a well loved space! I don't mind (although I didn't notice anything in the photo that really looked bad) Thanks for sharing, Sharli!

richardbreaks said...

Love it! So bright and happy! A messy studio is a productive studio!

Kim Heggins said...

This is fabulous and you are so stinkin' clever too! The bag is the gift in my opinion! Just beautiful.