Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Open Stamping Technique card

We take a break from our "regularly scheduled baby book scrapping" to bring you an important update! *giggle* 

One of my friends has been asking about the drapery fold card for a couple of months! It took me awhile to work out the measurements - perhaps if I were better at math . . . But I finally got something I can live with!  Naturally, there are lots of ways to do this technique; I wanted a 5" by 4" drape and used a slightly modified A2 (5 1/4" x 4 1/4") card base.  This was my second attempt to pull it all together, and I'm satisfied.  The papers are Penelope with a little bit of a yellow stripe design paper from Georgie.  The cardstock is Canary, Pixie, and Pear.  I ran out of Pear (Heavens!) so the card packets have the leaves cut from the design paper (green/white pattern) and I actually like it better that way.

Open Stamping is April 3 (Sunday) at 1 PM.  Please give me a call and let me know if you are coming so I know that I have enough packets. 

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Wouldn't it be fun to head over to make this lovely card! But, alas, your home is just a wee bit too far. Your card is delightful and I am glad you persevered to find the measurements you liked. The papers are so pretty! Thanks for the interruption and update. Hee, hee!

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...what a beautiful card. I love your wonderful pleating, just so pretty.

Julia Aston said...

Love this - I saw a tutorial for it on Splitcoast and have wanted to try it ever since - but of course haven't yet! so pretty!