Saturday, July 9, 2016

Another sympathy card - less severe

This one is more of a "thinking of you" and sharing in your sorrow - but my aim was to bring a smile and brighten the day of the recipient.  It was a lot more fun for me, let me tell you!  I used CTMH Happy Days paper, and the Hot Chocolate stamp set.  I stamped the solid cup on the back side of the pattern papers and cut them out.  I made a small slit in two of them so insert the cups in a stack and added some ink lines to give the images a little more definition.  The sentiment is another from my stash - I think it might be Verve.  

We had fishing friends here for a few days - it was so much FUN!  I don't fish, but I sure did enjoy the big family meals at the table (or on the patio) and sipping wine and chatting into the late night hours!  I will miss our guests!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Your card is delightful, Sharli! It's so nice to know someone is thinking of you especially at difficult times. Your stacking cups look so nice in those papers. I also like your strip of flowered paper on the side. I really like the poppies. Why don't you fish? I will fish, but won't bait my hook or take it off the hook. ;) The act of holding the pole and reeling it in are so fun. But, so is chatting into the evening. Sounds like a wonderful evening. Thanks for sharing!

Kim Heggins said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your guests,,,fishing is not my thing either but love to eat it. Your card is just beautiful...love the stacking tea cups and what a sweet way to tell a dear friend they are in your thoughts.

Julia Aston said...

Love the floral strip on the edge and your pretty stacked teacups!