Saturday, July 30, 2016

My Favorite Things - Flowers

This card was inspired by a card I had saved on Pinterest.  The artist is Barbara Anders and you can see her card here.  When I case someone, I try to change at least three things.  In this one, I changed the papers, the way the card opens, the sentiment, and the border element.  I made two of these today, because I needed 2 thank you notes right away.

I'm going to share a story now, so don't laugh at me.  One of the cards is going to friends we saw while in Turkey this spring.  The wife doesn't speak English, so on a whim I decided to see if I could write out our thank you message and have the computer translate it into Turkish!  Well, wouldn't you know it did!  Of course, I have no idea if the translation says what I meant for it to say!  LOL  I'll have to make a leap of faith on that one. ;) 

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful card and a great idea to purposefully change elements. I'm going to try to remember that. How thoughtful of you to try to send your message in her native language. I hope it she is as touched by the gesture as I am. Wow! :) Hugs!