Sunday, December 17, 2017

Some fun Christmas cards

A dear friend gave me a birthday card last year that was this type of card design - I copied it for some fun cards to add to my stash this year for the holidays.  I used the remainder of my CTMH Cranberry color patterned treat bags (approx. 4 x 6").  The bag is folded up and tacked under the belly-band with a little piece of tape.  

I used mostly the Beary Christmas paper pack that is retiring end of the year.  I love it so much I'll probably order another pack - as the first one I got is completely gone!  The scalloped circle element on the front (bottom layer of mat) is made in three different styles - cork, felt, and an dry embossed design paper.  My favorite is the cork.  The little packet of joy fits into an A2 envelope.  ðŸ˜†
So,we are coming up on our 6 year anniversary;  I've gone from about 120 handmade cards for Christmas, down to about 20, and now I'm back up to 70.  I think it's just too much fun to make Christmas cards and I should start sooner and just make enough for everyone!  (We send about 50 store bought cards, too.)  

Have an excellent week.  Hugs!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Beautiful cards, Sharli! You sure have some fun and festive papers there. You know you love a pack when you use it all up, right? I like the texture that cork adds to a project. Thank you for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful week! Hugs!