Wednesday, December 7, 2016

True Love and Swan Lake

This is a special stamp set from Close to My Heart that helps raise funds for Operation Smile (D1711 - $17.95). It's on the back cover of the current Annual Inspirations book.  Unfortunately, everyone I know has not realized that the images in this set are so adorable because the size  is shown at 50% of what the real stamp sizes are.  I copied the card example, changing the color palette and paper to the "Swan Lake" pack.  I like mine better - but that's because these are more in my favorite color season.  

I think that CTMH probably used real stitching on their card - but I just used the journaling pen and drew in stitch lines.  I put the hearts down with just a strip of adhesive in the center and pulled up the sides so it would look like they were loose - and just stitched.  I paper pieced the shirt on the child (it stamps with a bold stripe) and was really, really happy with how the flower placement turned out.  Very fun!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

This is an adorable card, Sharli. Great use of papers! I like the faux stitching, too. :) Hugs!

Nancy Ball said...

Okay, your card is past the point of CUTE! You chose exactly the perfect pattern for paper piecing that dress. Love the sewn hearts, also. BRAVO!

Kim Heggins said...

This is so sweet....love your adorable little girl! And her dress is wonderful. I love your faux stitching, it looks so real! And that sentiment is just amazing, what a wonderful way to think of a card.