Friday, December 16, 2016

Playing with Embossing Paste

The technique we learned at the most recent Open Stamping involved Embossing Paste.  I was thrilled at how easy this technique is to use!  I had a Tim Holtz stencil of Holly & Berries on my desk and wondered what could be done to color embossing paste after it was dry?!  This example used a water brush and the Close to My Heart dye inks.  The berries were colored with Stickles (remember them?!).  I'm not sure it was worth all the effort - but it did turn out looking pretty cool.  Nice to know it does work!

I made this one before I went in for spinal surgery.  I'm home now but not allowed to sit for very long - so it may be a few more days before I get back into the studio!  All in all, I'm thrilled with the surgery results.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

So pretty! The embossing paste can also be used in stencils to give a raised appearance. You can also add ink to it to color it. Use a drop or two of reinker. I've also added some glitter! I like the look you achieved. So happy your surgery went well. Sounds scary but you sound like you are on your way to a good recovery. Hugs!!

Becca-expressions said...

Glad to hear your surgery went well!! Crazy about this card. Beautiful job!!