Friday, December 23, 2016

Old and New

Last year I did a card workshop where we made the card on the right hand side "Twinkle Twinkle".  I thought it was really cute with possibilities for a baby card!  Today while fiddling around in the studio I found one left-over card packet with the elements and rather than let them go to waste, I decided to make the card!  Do you think I could find the SOTM set that had "twinkle twinkle"?  Nope.  (I did find it - just now as I was sitting down to write this post!) So, I improvised with the cute little "M" stamp that was recently available that had birthday wishes with a few tiny stars.  I added some more stars in from a set called All is Calm, All is bright, and I found a black star puffy to use instead of stamping the star.  The Glacier thick twine was also missing in action so I used black grosgrain (love it!).  The cards are "same" but "different".  Fun!

Well - great news is that I'm 10 days post-spinal fusion surgery and I've turned the corner!  All it took was more chemicals (ahem, drugs).  But seriously, I am truly doing great!  What an awesome Christmas gift!

Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays, hope you are finding time to relax with loved ones.

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Terrific card, Sharli. I like both versions a lot. Great colors and great card design! Maybe it was okay to have that stamp mia for a bit. :) So happy to hear that your recovery is going so well. What a blessing! Merry Christmas to you and your family. May 2017 be filled with love, joy and an abundance of good health! :)

Kim Heggins said...

Both cards are fabulous...love the design, so many incredible options! Oh....so happy you are doing well. Sending gentle hugs and prayers too. Happy New Year.