Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bee Yourself

A small candy treat for a wonderful young woman - the package just needed some dressing up. This tag was created with a very, very old Close-to-my-Heart stamp (so old it is a wood mounted one) and one bee and the sentiment from a very current hostess reward stamp set. It went together very quickly (the image was colored using a water brush and picking up color directly from the ink pad).

The lovely green gingham tape was a gift from Karen Baker. If you haven't visited her blog - you must check her out! Karen has more talent in her little finger than I will ever muster even on my very best day at the table. So, needless to say, I copy her ideas on a regular basis! ;-)

Have a wonderful Wednesday, dear friends!
Hugs!

8 comments:

Laurel said...

This is so cute! I got your card today, thank you so much!

Rachele Funk said...

What a sweet treat from a very sweet friend! Love the stamp, wondered immediately where you got it! No wonder you've hung on to it!

Karen B. said...

Ca-ute tag! Love the colors and thank you for your kind words.

Jeanne said...

Such a thoughtful friend you are, Sharli. This tag is adorable and it's no wonder you kept it. Oh if I were talented enough with the waterbrush to color like that. (The waterbrush and I are simply not good friends, no matter how hard I try, LOL).

Have a wonderful day, Sharli!

Unknown said...

Cute tag, Sharli, and beautiful coloring with the waterbrush and inks! Your friend will LOVE it, and what a caring friend you are! {sweet!}

Kathi Carlson said...

Cute tag and GREAT watercoloring!! Still love that stamp and now, might just have to track mine down.

Have a great evening, my friend.

Curt in Indy said...

What a sweet tag Sharli! Love this image, old or not. Beautiful water brushing too. Just gorgeous! Best, Curt

Carolyn said...

How cute is that! Sweet gift!
I love tags.